While we are lovers of clean soft scandi inspired interiors, a moody, inky room is just so luxurious isn’t it?
This featured piece of furniture is a mud room cupboard - for coats, boots and brollies. It was designed and custom made for an elegant townhouse restoration.
What elements need to be considered for a dark interior design?
- For full on darkness; walls, woodwork (skirting and door frames), cabinetry and furniture should all be in deep inky shades
- In this design we used curved panel mouldings to add detailed decoration
- A wooden floor will bring warmth
- Marble is beautiful in darker interior design schemes and also brings a natural material into the mix. The classic white veined marble fire place surround next to this boot room cupboard is distinctive and so elegant
- Gold tones add highlights. You can use gold frames for paintings, lighting with gold coloured accents and or brass light switches and plug sockets
- Velvet soft furnishings will temper the feel as well as adding another texture
Layering with these different materials and colours can deliver a room that’s moody all over, a look we love.
To see one of our kitchens painted in ‘off black’ by Farrow & Ball click to The Dene Kitchen