This kitchen has been custom made for a couple taking on the challenge of a kitchen extension & full house renovation at their home in Surrey.
Read More ....
ABOUT THIS BESPOKE SHERE KITCHEN
This kitchen was a brand-new room (in a space that once was part of the garden), so our clients had the luxury of being able to design the layout from scratch, just as they wanted it to be. They have their own business in interiors so they came to us with their design pretty much nailed. Taking the time to think through how they live and cook means that their kitchen is unique as well as perfectly practical for them.
- Creating the perfect layout is something our designer Mike loves to do. The traditional triangle between fridge / freezer / larder + cooker + sink is often a layout that happens naturally because it makes sense to create this route through the cooking journey. From gathering all your ingredients, to prepping, then cooking & finally the washing up ... which we’re sure is always better at a double Belfast sink.
- Thinking through where you want to prep food is really important. As this couple love to cook they chose to have an island right by the cooker & importantly with a completely clear countertop. It’s a beautifully big space to spread out ingredients, the scales, chopping boards & pans, aswell as offering a breakfast bar on the other side for tea & toast in the mornings, or a glass of wine & relaxed supper in the evening.
Some our favourite things about this design
- This kitchen is traditionally made with strong classic cabinetry & Shaker style doors. Combined with detailed custom mouldings which Andy crafted so beautifully to finish off the styled look so well. Look in particular at the top of all the cabinetry & the canopy over the Smeg range cooker.
- There are two slim cupboards either side of the range cooker. We’re not usually ones for slim cupboards but these are specially designed to pull out & hold lots of oils, spices & chopping boards at the ready.
- The chunky Oak drawers in the pantry cupboard really show off the grain of the wood.
- In this kitchen there is as much space for wine as there is for the fridge & freezer
- The worktop by Lapitc is made out of 100% natural minerals found in granites & porcelain. It's heat, scratch & stain resistant too. We love how they decided to use the same stone for the backsplash and that it’s in one large clean piece all the way to the canopy, which looks so smart.
The colour ratio
The dominant shades are pretty Farrow & Ball neutrals of white & pale grey, combined with stainless steel accessories, slices of Oak and then the rich blue accent for the Island.
Something we learnt from this project
This couple loves Le Creuset (in fact even in the time we were there for photography a package of pans arrived!) But did you know their cast iron range is dishwasher safe & has a life time guarantee? We have a set passed down from our Grandparents which are still fabulous.
Respecting our environment
Our kitchens are crafted to last & for every kitchen commission we plant a special Elm tree to help the rare White-Letter Hairstreak butterfly.