This kitchen has been custom made for a couple taking on the challenge of a kitchen extension and full house renovation at their home in Surrey.
Read More ....
ABOUT THIS BESPOKE SHERE KITCHEN
This kitchen was a brand-new room (in a space that once was part of the garden), so our clients had the luxury of being able to design the layout from scratch, just as they wanted it to be. They have their own business in interiors so they came to us with their design pretty much nailed. Taking the time to think through how they live and cook means that their kitchen is unique as well as perfectly practical for them.
- Creating the perfect layout is something our designer Mike loves to do. The traditional triangle between fridge / freezer / larder + cooker + sink is often a layout that happens naturally because it makes sense to create this route through the cooking journey. From gathering all your ingredients, to prepping, then cooking and finally the washing up ... which we’re sure is always better at a double Belfast sink.
- Thinking through where you want to prep food is really important. As this couple love to cook they chose to have an island right by the cooker and importantly with a completely clear countertop. It’s a beautifully big space to spread out ingredients, the scales, chopping boards and pans, aswell as offering a breakfast bar on the other side for tea and toast in the mornings, or a glass of wine and relaxed supper in the evening.
Some our favourite things about this design
- This kitchen is traditionally made with strong classic cabinetry and Shaker style doors. Combined with detailed custom mouldings which Andy crafted so beautifully to finish off the styled look so well. Look in particular at the top of all the cabinetry and the canopy over the Smeg range cooker.
- There are two slim cupboards either side of the range cooker. We’re not usually ones for slim cupboards but these are specially designed to pull out and hold lots of oils, spices and chopping boards at the ready.
- The chunky Oak drawers in the pantry cupboard really show off the grain of the wood.
- In this kitchen there is as much space for wine as there is for the fridge and freezer
- The worktop by Lapitec is made out of 100% natural minerals found in granites and porcelain. It's heat, scratch and stain resistant too. We love how they decided to use the same stone for the backsplash and that it’s in one large clean piece all the way to the canopy, which looks so smart.
The colour ratio
The dominant shades are pretty Farrow & Ball neutrals of white and pale grey, combined with stainless steel accessories, slices of Oak and then the rich blue accent for the Island.
Something we learnt from this project
This couple loves Le Creuset (in fact even in the time we were there for photography a package of pans arrived!) But did you know their cast iron range is dishwasher safe and has a life time guarantee? We have a set passed down from our Grandparents which are still fabulous.
Replenishing wood for future generations
By working with us your kitchen is designed and made to last, so sustainability is at the core. We're also committed to replanting trees and using off-cuts in our conservation project to make Bug Homes. Read more on our Community Page.