The happy owners of this kitchen describe it as “a beautiful, solid, hand-built kitchen which is everything we imagined it would be and more - stylish with a wow factor all round!”
Read More ....
ABOUT THIS BESPOKE SHERE KITCHEN
Once upon a time our client’s kitchen was their patio! After thinking about moving, they decided instead to extend their home to the rear and side, to stay close to family, to make space to enjoy time with their grown-up children & young grandchildren. We think they’ve done an absolutely beautiful job of it.
Before they came to us, they had spent a long time considering different kitchen plans and visiting other show-rooms but not found what they were looking for. When we first met, they shared their frustrations about not being able to have the layout exactly as they wanted due to other companies’ restricted cabinet sizes. Symmetry was key on their wish list. They wanted the sink to sit exactly in the centre of the window and the ovens to sit precisely in the centre of the far wall. They wanted beautiful cabinetry to “fit like a glove, with no set sizes on cabinets or drawers”. As we are bespoke cabinet makers, we were able to work together with them on their bespoke design ideas until they agreed the ‘that’s my kitchen blueprint’ with our designer Mike.
The style staples of this calm & confident design:
- Traditional craftsmanship, solid wood cabinetry made carefully by our own fair hands in our workshop in the Surrey Hills.
- All of the cabinets and drawers were made to exact size requirements to accommodate their pans, crockery and even their rolling pin collection.
- Everything has a place here, which means clear work surfaces and really ups the ‘wow’ factor.
- The glazed cabinets and open shelving are home to carefully chosen gems such as treasured vintage scales & favourite cook books.
- High on their wish list was a carousel, a beautiful solution for kitchen corner cabinets. We make ours from solid wood. The crafting process involves a lot of steam bending which presents a good challenge to keep our makers on their toes. And apparently the children love twirling it round and round too!
- A special nook for bespoke chopping boards and a tray – it makes storage of these bigger items so easy; and it looks special.
- A favourite touch of ours is the tongue and groove panelling which is just so homely.
- The custom made cabinetry is combined with beautiful and bright white quartz worktops with a classic marble effect, to reflect the light from the Velux windows.
- Continuing to highlight the importance of form and function they chose a large double bowl white butler sink and paired it with the utmost in luxury taps, the Perrin & Rowe Parthian sink mixer & pull out spray rinse.
- LED lighting at the back of cabinets, stainless steel appliances, nickel handles, knobs and light fittings all highlight the clean and cool feel of this kitchen.
And finally, warm oak flooring throughout the whole of the rear extension neatly brings the family area together so that it looks like it has always been there.